How to become a San Francisco pedicabber in 10 steps.
Overview: prepare for 2-3 weeks and $400 upfront.
- Apply via link at the bottom of this page. Schedule an interview with Cabrio Taxi. Receive a contract.
- Pick up your 3-year driving record at a local DMV. You’ll need a CA driver’s license. Locations here.
- Fill out the SFPD Pedicab Operator’s Application. Find it here.
- Withdraw a money order from your bank for 293 dollars.
- Obtain two passport photos. Locations here.
- Bring the above to the SFPD permit office on 850 Bryant and take the SFPD test. Study guide here.
- When notified, go to your SFPD Permit Hearing on Wednesday at 1pm.
- Go to the Tax Collector at City Hall prepared to pay around 60 dollars.
- Register as a self-employed business of the City of San Francisco for $25. Form here.
- Complete a pedicab safety training. Now your ready to ride.
If you are interested in applying for a pedicabbing position, apply here.